Friday, April 24, 2009

Colorado

I thought I'd give a little recap of mine and Emily's trip to CO last weekend.  We had such a great time!

The first day it started snowing about half an hour after we got to Jen's house, and Emily was sooo excited!  She played in the snow a little, and mostly Jen and I sat around and talked a lot and laughed like crazy, what a perfect day!

The next day was Dakota's birthday party with his little friends (he turned 3) and I made the pirate cake for it.  The house was done up really cool in pirate decorations and each of the kids got pirate hats (which just happened to fit my pea-head) and swords; they went on a treasure hunt, ate pizza, and sang happy birthday.  Unfortunately the snow was worse that day and a few of his friends couldn't make it, but little did he know how lucky he was to be surrounded by adorable little girls!  :)  We also went sledding for a little bit, but it started raining and the wind was blowing it right in our faces, so we decided it was time to go back and warm up.

Sunday was Dakota's family birthday dinner, and I helped Jen learn how to make homemade lasagna which turned out very yummy.  There was a lot of Wii and good conversation that day.

Monday morning it was time to fly home, and we were ready to be with Alex again.  Emily is always a big hit in airports; she flies well and people think she's cute.  Well, most people.  We had just gotten through security when there was a man next to us that had a rather large stomach, and here's how the conversation went:

Emily: "Mommy, that man has a BABY in his tummy!"
Me:  "Oh my...no Emily, he doesn't."
Emily: "Then why is his tummy SO big??"

The man had a less than amused look on his face, but luckily didn't say anything!

Then we're standing in line somewhere else and there's a lady with short, boy-length hair.  Luckily she was on her phone and didn't hear when Emily said, "Mommy, that's a MAN, why does he have a purse??"

Silly little girl.  That about sums it up though, we got home and gave Alex hugs and just about melted in the almost 100 degree weather! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip...






2 comments:

♥Elizabeth R♥ said...

Omg I love Emily's quotes...she is hysterical. It reminds me of when my cousin (now 18) was younger and he was out with my aunt and he walked up to a man and asked why his skin was dirty...kids are too funny! I am glad you guys had a great time!

Mrs. X said...

I know, she's too funny! They have absolutely NO filter at this age...and it's hilarious and embarrassing at the same time!