Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Review

Happy Monday everybody!  We had a really busy and fun weekend so get ready for a long post.

Emily was actually sick with an ear infection starting on Wednesday of last week and with the wind on Wednesday and Thursday we couldn't go outside because of allergies, so we were excited to get to the park Friday afternoon when the weather was perfect.  We brought her sand toys with us and built a sand...well a sand wall sort of, can't really call it a castle.



Here's Emily at the park with her appropriately themed crab shirt on:



Oh, question...can anybody tell me what these are really called?  Growing up I knew them only as "monkey balls" and I have no idea where I learned that or what their proper name is!  I just know that every time I mention that to somebody else they look at me like I'm crazy.  :)



Saturday we headed over to the Discovery Science Center with some friends of ours.  We had a lot of fun!  Alex tried out the bed of nails and Emily had so much fun with the wall of pins, rock climbing wall, and playing with her friend Alexis at the little outdoor dinosaur park.  They have a lot of cool things for adults to play with as well, and I think the only thing that I wasn't too sure of was the bit pile of face dinosaur poo they had below the big dinosaur on the playground to show the end of the digestive system.  :)






Sunday of course we went to Tina's house for a Super Bowl party (she's a HUGE Steelers fan).  She was the only one there routing for the Steelers and it was soooo funny just to sit and watch everybody flip out over the ref's calls and to hear the jokes everybody was making about each other.  Here's the cake I made for dessert, excuse the falling goal post, it didn't agree with the car ride.  :)


3 comments:

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

That cake is adorable! :)

Mrs. X said...

Thank you! It's just something I have fun with when friends or family need a cake. Some day I will go to pastry school and learn to do it fabulously!

4handfulls said...

We love the science center! If you go a few times a year it is worth the annual pass :)