Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cal Elite

Cal Elite is the name of the kid's sports center that Emily goes to for gymnastics (and formerly swim lessons).  It's such a cool place!  They teach things like dance, gymnastics, swimming, and cheer.  I love the teachers, they're all really nice and they're great with the kids, and I love that they have extra activities your kids can take part in outside of their lessons.  They have "open gym" several times a week; you can just walk in, pay I think $5, and your kid gets to run like crazy and use anything they want in the main gym.  There are trampolines, uneven bars, a huge foam square pit to jump into, etc.  They also have this fantastic thing called Parent's Night Out.  You can register your kid for $16 and you just drop them off to basically be babysat from 5:30 to 9:30 so you can go out and have a date.  You can't even get a babysitter for anything near that!

Anyway, Emily is having a great time in gymnastics; I love how happy she is when she's learning things there!  This past Saturday they had what they called a "Cheer and Tumbling Clinic".  We signed Emily up for it, dropped her off for 2 hours that morning while they taught them a cheer and a little routine to do after the cheer, then we came back and watched them all perform it.  She had a good time learning it, then when the parents all walked in to watch them perform it she just broke down in tears and cried through the whole thing instead of performing.  Poor thing!  She was probably partly burnt out from 2 hours straight of practicing (that's a long time for a 4 year old!) and partly scared to death of all those people watching her.

I did, however, manage to get her to do the cheer that she learned on camera for me tonight.  :)  So now, for your viewing pleasure, here's Emily - The Cheerleader in a Hoodie!


6 comments:

nana_sherri said...

Oh my gosh - too too cute!
She's sooo awesome! Looks gymnastics & maybe cheer are a natural for her. Miss you all very much!

Mrs. X said...

She's too fun to watch! I'm really happy that she's having so much fun and doing well.

4handfulls said...

So cute!! I love that I have a cute neice to watch since all I get is baseball footage LOL

Looks like this is a better fit than swimming :)

Mrs. X said...

It's my pleasure to bring you your little girl fix!

gtanderson1 said...

very cute mmini melani

♥Elizabeth R♥ said...

Omg that is too cute!