Monday, March 2, 2009

Day One

We started the week off pretty easy, and had a great day.  Breakfast and Sesame street in the morning, then a couple of worksheets out of some preschool workbooks we bought over the weekend.  She still gets excited about tracing things and writing letters and numbers, it's very cute!  I wonder how much longer that will last though. :)

I painted my toenails the other day and actually used a color other than red (it's very rare, trust me) so Emily decided she needed to match me.  I was all too happy to have an ultra-girly moment and give her a manicure and pedicure!  When I paint her nails she shows them to people wherever we go, so precious!



We had lunch and then she faked napping for half an hour before I decided it was time to go and check out our local library.  I'm horrible, this was Emily's first time to a library!  We read a few books and signed up for their weekly story time that starts on the 31st and lasts 9 weeks; that should be fun!

After the library we came home for a simple afternoon of Philadelphia Chickens (it's a kid's CD), some drawing, and Emily dancing around while I went through and organized her drawers.

It was a simple day but really nice to have the time together and a nice preview of the months to come!  We kept busy enough to not get bored and whiney.  Oh, and thanks to Daddy's great idea we finished off the night by meeting him up at Chuck E Cheese after he got out of work and had some family fun time and bad pizza. :)  I looooove Skee Ball!

1 comment:

4handfulls said...

Sounds like your first day went great!