Monday, March 16, 2009

Silly Conversations

I just wanted to share some of the silly but cute things that Emily said today.

We were at Target picking up a prescription, and I had to sign the little digital pad thingy.  Yes I'm sure that's the technical name for it.  She kept asking if she could sign it and I said no because it had my name and not her name.  So she says, "But I can sign your name!  M-O-M-M-Y, Mommy, that's your name!"  It was just a cute little moment and the guy at the pharmacy got a laugh out of it too.

I had a frustrating afternoon with her today; she's going through another week of Idon'tneedtolistentoathingyoutellmeitis.  But even among her complaining comes some kind of cute excuses.  I gave her a workbook page to do, and after she colors one flower petal she stops and starts frowning.  After I tell her to do her work she says, "But my muscles aren't strong enough to color anymore!"

We went to Devin's baseball game today and while we were there she was waiting for Alexis to show up so they could share some cookies.  Doug tells her Alexis will be there in like 10 minutes, and Emily says, "But my head hurts when Alexis isn't here yet!"

That's all for today, time to eat!

3 comments:

nana_sherri said...

She's hilarious! I think I'll use the muscle one when I don't want to do something. Sounds pretty good to me. ;-)

Mrs. X said...

Naturally the rest of the night Alex was using the, "My head hurts when (insert something that's not fun to do)," line. :)

Amber said...

She sounds so adorable! I love the things kids say!